Whether your business is big or small, local or national, B2B or B2C, it is more important now than ever before to ensure your business information is up to date in Google My Business (GMB). Google has made updates to the information you can share with your clientele to accommodate for the current state of our world.
GMB Help outlines the following guidelines as best practice:
- Update your hours of operation.
- If your business continues to remain temporarily closed, Google has added a feature where you can temporarily mark your business as closed. Previously, the only option was to permanently mark your business as closed.
- If your business is reopening, it is important that your customers know your updated hours of operation.
- Create a Google My Business post with the COVID-19 post type.
- Google has added a new post type to GMB posts. This will appear alongside your profile in the search engine results and can be one of the most direct forms of communication with your customers.
Even if you do not serve your customers or clients at a brick-and-mortar location, it is still important that people searching for you know how your business is currently operating.